CASSINETTA_di_LUGAGNANO_StemmaCassinetta di Lugagnano

MUNICIPALITY OF CASSINETTA DI LUGAGNANO
(Milano District)
Altitude
mt. 120 a.s.l.
POPULATION
1900 (1000 in the borgo)

Patron SAINT
San Carlo Borromeo, September 14th
TOURIST INFORMATION
Pro Loco, Piazza Gaetano Negri.
www.comune.cassinettadilugagnano.mi.it
www.prolococassinetta.eu

CASSINETTA_di_LUGAGNANO_StemmaThe Borgo is the union of two villages: Cassinetta (14th century) and Lugagnano (originally Lucanianus, founded by the Romans).

The two villages are on the opposite banks of the Naviglio Grande Canal, they are connected by a humpback bridge. This bridge on the Naviglio was rebuilt in 1862 to facilitate the navigation. Next to the bridge you can admire the statue of San Carlo Borromeo (1749) and the church of Santa Maria Nascente & Sant’Antonio Abate (15th century). There is a sequence of noble palaces  owned by the most important Milanese families: the villas of Trivulzio, Visconti, Mantegazza, Castiglioni, and Parravicini are called ”ville di delizia” (”delicious villas”). All these villas have beautiful decorations as windows, doors, arches, walls, trees, courtyards and gardens.

Carnaroli rice with local gorgonzola cheese is the local dish.